Momentum Continues – Per the May 16, 2020 Neilson report, Alkaline88® Ranks as one of the fastest-growing value-added waters in 2020
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., June 17, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Alkaline Water Company Inc. (NASDAQ and CSE: WTER) (the “Company”), is a producer of premium bottled alkaline water, flavored-infused waters, and CBD infused products sold under the brand names Alkaline88®, A88 Infused™, and A88CBD™, respectively. The Company today announces the following fiscal fourth-quarter financial highlights:
Fiscal Q4 Revenue Highlights (Unaudited):
(All amounts are in U.S. dollars)
- Revenue of approximately $12.0 million – up 51% over the prior year
- Represents revenue growth of 42% over fiscal Q3
“This quarter’s results are a great way for our Company to end our fiscal year. We now have tremendous momentum going into fiscal 2021. We expect our first quarter ending June 30, 2020, to set another revenue record. The current pandemic acted as a catalyst for some of the current quarter’s growth, but also set the stage for significant future growth. During the pandemic, Alkaline88® was able to meet our retailer’s demands. We believe that up to 30% more households tried our water during our fiscal Q4. This is highlighted by the recent Nielson report, where Alkaline88® was ranked as the 10th best selling value-added water, and the third fastest-growing top ten value-added water in the country during the 13 weeks ending May 16, 2020,” stated Richard A. Wright, President and CEO of The Alkaline Water Company Inc.
“We are also very excited about the momentum we have built with new retailers and new product lines. We recently announced over 15,000 new retail locations, to bring our total to over 70,000 retail stores in all 50 states. Our sales team continues to focus on not only our Alkaline88® brand, but also our flavor-infused beverage line, our eco-friendly aluminum bottle, and the recently launched A88CBD™ line of topicals and ingestibles. There are several other catalysts for growth this coming year, which will include hospitality space and expansion of our e-commerce presence to meet new consumer buying habits. As we look to the future, we believe that we are building a strong national lifestyle brand and that our eco-friendly aluminum bottles, flavored infused waters, and CBD products will all contribute significantly to our fiscal year 2021’s success,” concluded Wright.
Fiscal Q4 Operational Highlights:
- Added over 15,000 retail locations for flagship products in the specialty discount, drug store, grocery store, and convenience store retail channels
- Launched the A88CBD™ Ingestibles products line which includes a robust portfolio of in-demand products
- Strengthened team; named Nicholas Salimbene, former Primo executive, as Director of Operations and Jim Venia, former Essentia executive, as Director National Sales, Convenience Stores and Distributors
- Refreshed brand labeling to highlight brand benefits
- Doubled supply chain capabilities and secured domestic suppliers for every component of the product portfolio
- A88 Infused™ flavor waters to reach up to 12,500 stores nationwide by the end of summer
- Enhanced digital customer experience by adding new content and features to A88CBD.com
• The entire line of A88CBD™ infused topicals and ingestible products are now available at A88CBD.com
- Expands retail channels for its A88CD™ Topical products
• A88CBD™ topical portfolio is now available online at Amazon.com, CBD.co, healwithnature.com, and in select Vitamin Plus and all Pure CBD retail stores
- Delivered 300,000 aluminum bottles of Alkaline88® in 500-ml sustainable single-serve packaging to the California and Texas markets.